Pepper Chicken - Kerala Style
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
Cuisine: Indian ( South )
1. Chicken - cleaned and cut medium - 1 kg
2. Pepper Powder - 2¼ tablespoon
3. Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
4. Onions - 3 Piece
5. Tomatoes - 1 Piece
6. Ginger - 2 pieces ( 1 inch each )
7. Garlic - 6 cloves
8. Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
9. Coriander Powder - 1 tablespoon
10. Turmeric Powder - ½ tablespoon
11. Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
12. Coconut Oil - 3 tablespoon
13. Water - ½ Cup
14. Salt - as required
1. Cut the chicken into medium pieces. Order your fresh chicken medium sized curry cut at https://fishandmeat.in. clean the meat with fresh water and keep aside
2. Marinate thoroughly the cut chicken with Pepper Powder ( 2 tablespoons), Turmeric Powder ( 1 teaspoon), lemon juice and salt and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
3. Chop onions, tomatoes, Ginger and garlic cloves.
4. Preheat the pan, Set the flame on Medium heat and Put 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in the pan. Add Onions, Ginger, Garlic, and salt to it.
5. When it turns golden brown, turn the flame to simmer and add Coriander powder ( 1 Table soon) and Garam masala ( 1 teaspoon) to it.
6. Add chicken, curry leaves, tomatoes and mix them thoroughly in high flame for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and place a lid on the pan and cover it. Keep note that when the water starts boiling, set the flame again to medium.
7. After the chicken is cooked, remove the lid and stir the mixture continuously until a thick gravy is formed. make sure the gravy is not burned.
8. Add the ¼ tablespoon of pepper powder to the gravy and switch off the flame.
1. Instead of Garam Masala, chicken Masala powder can also be used.
2. Adding 1 tablespoon of Vinegar or Lemon juice while cleaning the chicken helps in keeping the odor out of the chicken.
FishandMeat is an online store that delivers fresh, raw ready-to-cook fish, seafood, chicken and other meat variants cut according to the customer preference. You can easily place an order in few clicks and chose a cut variety according to your preference and we can deliver the meat to your doorsteps in just 120 minutes or sometimes in a shorter time period. We are purely halal and follows the best and strict cold chain logistics to maintain the quality of the chicken, mutton, fish, and seafood.